Click Here to Meet the Faculty.
The Mathematics Department recognizes the importance of developing students who can analyze, strategize, and synthesize to apply mathematics in the real world. The courses are challenging, and teachers use a variety of instructional methods and technologies to ensure that each student reaches her maximum potential and develops her critical thinking skills. The Mathematics Department encourages student-centered learning and collaboration. All students have the opportunity and support necessary to learn mathematics with depth and understanding. Our engaging curriculum is based on the PA Common Core Standards.
• Understand ways of representing numbers, relationships among numbers, and number systems.
• Recognize patterns, relations and functions.
• Represent and explain mathematical relationships using algebra.
• Use spatial reasoning, and geometric modeling to solve problems.
• Organize and analyze data using statistical methods.
• Apply and adapt strategies to solve problems and investigate mathematical conjectures.
• Communicate mathematical thinking effectively to peers, teachers, and others.
• Recognize and apply mathematics in contexts outside of the mathematics classroom.
PLEASE VIEW THE COURSE OF STUDIES GUIDE 2020-21 TO LEARN ABOUT COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR THEOLOGY AND CURRENT OFFERINGS.
Learn more about our STEAM Club.