Click Here to Meet the Staff.
At Merion Mercy Academy, each junior and senior student meets individually and in groups with her college counselor to plan for her post-MMA education. Our primary goal is to ensure that all MMA students receive ongoing support as they search for and apply to colleges that match their individual interests and abilities.
*School profile reflects 2019-2020 grade scale. Current students and parents can review this year's scale on MyMMA.
- FAFSA Tips and Parent Q&A Zoom, Thursday, October 15 from 12-1 p.m.
- Junior College Night Zoom, Tuesday, October 20 at 7 p.m.
- Dollars & Sense: Understanding Loans, Scholarships, and College Funding, Monday, November 9 from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
You will receive invitations from College Counseling prior to each event along with a Zoom link.
- Video Message to the Class of 2020 (4/16)
- Letter to Senior Parents (4/16)
- Letter to Junior Parents (4/16)
- College Search Resource (4/7)
- Alum Resources for Juniors and Seniors
- Parent to Parent College Search Resource
- School Profile
- Colleges that allow self-reporting SAT/ACT Scores
- Colleges that require or recommend SAT/ACT Essay
College Representatives Scheduling a Visit
We have implemented a plan for virtual college visits. However, in an attempt to make life a bit easier for everyone, we've teamed up with St. Joseph's Preparatory School to offer JOINT college visits during our 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. slots on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. We hope this reduces our screen times and lightens your load a bit, too!
We will also offer Merion Mercy only visits Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00-2:30 p.m. and Wednesday at 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
We are using Scoir to schedule college rep visits. Our availability is published so create your own Scoir account to schedule visits. We are asking that universities provide the virtual platform and link information. Thank you and we look forward to "seeing" you this Fall!
Standardized Testing Resources
If it’s safe from a public health standpoint, the College Board will provide weekend SAT administrations every month through the end of the calendar year, beginning in August. This includes a new administration on September 26th, and the previously scheduled tests on August 29, October 3, November 7, and December 5. Students can register for these administrations starting in May. The College Board will contact students directly when they have the exact date.