Commitment to Faculty and Staff Diversity
We continue to update policies and practices and have made the hiring of a diverse faculty and staff an institutional priority for the school.
- Merion Mercy has hired three outstanding faculty of color in the 2020-21 school year.
- Merion Mercy joined Nemnet, a firm specializing in assisting schools and organizations in the recruitment and retention of diverse teachers, administrators and coaches.
- Our Recruitment and Hiring Guide has been rewritten to mandate that all job descriptions include:
- School information in summary form
- Position title
- Full time/part time
- Scope of the requirements/duties
- Minimum preferred professional qualifications for the position
- A job description was developed and posted for the Director of Equity and Inclusion and sent to all alumnae.
- The search committee for the Director of Equity and Inclusion participated in a training on implicit bias in hiring by DEI consultant Trina Gary and used guidelines from the training to develop a candidate screening form.