We welcome 8th Grade students to begin a further exploration of MMA through our Admissions process. This is an exciting time in your life, as you look forward to beginning the next chapter of your own unique and impressive story! We want this process to go smoothly, so if you have any questions regarding applying to MMA, feel free to contact the Admissions Office at 610-664-6655 ext.166 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2020-21 School Year
As an applicant, we encourage you to visit us at our Virtual Open House (Saturday, October 3 or Sunday, October 11, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.). Click Here to Register for the Virtual Open House. You should also schedule a virtual visit with a freshman student this fall.
Please take the Scholarship and Entrance Exam*(The High School Placement Test) on Saturday, September 26 or Saturday, October 10, 8:30 A.M. - 11:30 A.M. or 1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M. (limited to 60 students per session). Click here to register for the Scholarship and Entrance Exam. Note: the test registration is also the school application (all on one form).
*Dates subject to change based on current local, state and federal guidelines
Applicants who submit the online application will be registered for the Scholarship and Entrance Exam. Formal acceptances will be sent out in early December.
9th Grade Admissions Process for the 2021-22 School Year
1. Complete the Application/Test Registration (one form).
2. Submit Merion Mercy's Request for Release of Records Form to your elementary school for a copy of your transcript including all standardized test scores. These records are due by Friday, October 30. First trimester/quarter report cards for eighth grade are due as soon as they are available.
3. Submit two teacher recommendations using the Teacher Recommendation Form. We prefer that a math and language arts teacher complete the recommendations. At least one recommendation must be completed by an eighth grade teacher. Recommendations are due Friday, October 30.
4. Applicants are encouraged to attend the Virtual Open House on either October 3 or October 11 and also register for 8th Grade Virtual Visit Days at Merion Mercy on Fridays beginning September 25 through early December.
5. Take the Scholarship and Entrance Exam on Saturday, September 26 or Saturday, October 10, 8:30 A.M. - 11:30 A.M. or 1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M. (limited to 60 students per session).
Please note: The Financial Aid Application is a separate form. Click here for more information.
Transfer Admission Process
For transfer students interested in applying for the 2020-21 school year, please click here.
Merion Mercy Academy admits young women regardless of race, color, creed, ethnic, or national origin who possess the motivation, ability, and character which would enable them to succeed in our school community to the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and aid programs, athletic, and other school-administered programs.