Welcome, MMA Parents/Caregivers! We are so pleased that your families have chosen to be a part of the MMA community.
We look forward to a memorable, productive, and very happy 2018-19 school year. To make the most of your time with us, we invite you to get involved! All parents/caregivers of MMA students are members of the Parents Association. The Parents Association plays an integral part a variety of school activities, including Sip 'n Bid, Designer Bag Bingo, the Mother/Daughter Fashion Show, the Father/Daughter Service Project, and many more!
There are many opportunities for parents/caregivers to contribute time, energy, and talents to MMA; we are very grateful to our volunteers who dedicate many hours to build our school community. Parent/Caregiver involvement in events and activities provides valuable support to our school, and models for our students the school's values of collaboration and service. It is also personally rewarding and fun to participate in MMA’s warm and vibrant community!
- 8/12 Pre-Season Fall Sports
- 8/26 Freshman First Day
- 8/28 All School First Day
- 9/10 Back-to-School Night
- 9/15 Back-to-School Family Picnic
- 9/23 Head of School Reception
- 9/24 Mercy Day
- 10/6 Open House
- 10/16 Parents Association Meeting
- 10/25 Junior & Senior Parent Social
- 11/23 Sip ‘n Bid Auction
- 12/10 Carol Night
- 1/10 Freshman & Sophomore Parent Social
- 1/22 Parents Association Meeting
- 1/31 Dinner Dance for Daughters and Fathers or Father Figures
- 2/5 Faculty & Staff Appreciation Day
- 2/20 Junior Ring Mass & Reception
- 2/23 Fashion Show
- 3/18 Parents Association Meeting
- 3/25 Designer Handbag BINGO
- 4/2 #OurDay4MMA Giving Day
- 5/1 May Day Liturgy and Tea for Seniors and Mothers or Mother Figures
- 5/9 Service Day for Daughters and Fathers or Father Figures
- 5/14 Parents Association Meeting
- 5/28 Baccalaureate Mass & Reception
- 5/31 Graduation
- 6/2 Volunteer Thank You Party
Parents Association Officers
Parents Association President
Marie Pat Romano (Patrice '20)
Parents Association Vice President of Communications
Karen Keller (Cara '20)
Mothers' Cupboard Coordinator
Kerry Henkels (Allie '20)
Stay Connected With the Parents Association
Feel free to contact the Parents Association: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A private Facebook Group has been created for all current and past parents of Merion students. Please join the MMA Parents Association Group Page to stay up-to-date on the latest details about upcoming events and how you can get involved!
Mothers' Cupboard/Food Day Tuesday
Mothers' Cupboard is a Parents Association initiative that helps to stock the Community Center at Visitation food pantry.
As part of this ongoing work, we ask MMA families to add one item to your grocery list each week and send it to school. We especially look to "FOOD DAY TUESDAY" for families to contribute. While so many of us are blessed with plentiful food, there are so many less fortunate. This small deed will do great wonders to those in need.
The collection boxes are located in the Lyceum. Below are the monthly deadlines and "items of the month." All non-perishable items are welcome.
The Merion Mercy Academy Parents Association provides an opportunity to foster the relationship among faculty, administration, students, and parents/caregivers while promoting school spirit and strengthening the relationships with their daughters. Parents/Caregivers are welcome and encouraged to attend meetings, volunteer at events, and attend activities. Make new friends, re-connect with old friends, and enjoy meaningful participation in your daughter’s high school while enriching her experience and the school as a whole!