Merion Mercy Academy Employment Application Process
Pennsylvania state law and Merion Mercy Academy require that the following items be completed before a candidate is hired. If seeking to work in a school in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, a candidate is advised to complete these items expeditiously.
The following forms must be submitted before a candidate is interviewed for a potential position.
- Merion Mercy Academy Teaching Faculty Application
- Merion Mercy Academy Non-Teaching Faculty Application
- Pennsylvania Request for Criminal Record Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania Fingerprinting Services
- Arrest/ Conviction Report and Certificate Form
- Virtus: Protecting God’s Children Presentation Certificate
- TB test certification
- Submit Merion Mercy Academy Application: cover letter and resume
- Submit copy of all Bachelor’s and/or Master’s transcripts
- Submit copy of any and all teaching certificates
Merion Mercy Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Merion Mercy has an opening for a school counselor. The school counselor supports student wellness and access to academic and personal success through communication, collaboration, and guidance. Essential responsibilities include providing social/emotional, personal, and academic counseling for a caseload of 230-240 students in grades 9-12.
Candidates should have excellent communication and organizational skills, facility with technology, and possess a professional, collaborative, team-oriented style with empathy, flexibility, and patience. Commitment to the traditions and philosophy of a Catholic educational community and a style consistent with the Mercy core values are important.
Master’s Degree in education or school counseling and Pennsylvania certification in secondary counseling are required. Priority will be given to candidates with a minimum of three years experience as a school counselor. Interested candidates should send a letter of intent and resume to Miss Mary Ann Danovich, Assistant Head of School for Academic Affairs, at email@example.com by Tuesday, April 25, 2017.