We welcome 8th Grade students (and parents) to begin a further exploration of MMA through our Admissions process. This is an exciting time in your life, as you look forward to beginning the next chapter of your own unique and impressive story! We want this process to go smoothly, so if you have any questions regarding applying to MMA, feel free to contact the Admissions Office at 610-664-6655, ext.166.
We are still able to accept a limited number of applications on a rolling basis for the 2017-2018 school year.
- For eigh
th graders interested in applying for the 2017-2018 school year, please click here.
- For transfer students interested in applying for the 2017-2018 school year, please click here.
For the 2018-2019 School Year
As an applicant, we encourage you to visit us ("shadow" a freshman student) with a fall Visit Day, and we require that you take the Entrance and Scholarship Exam (applicants who submit the online application will be registered for the Entrance and Scholarship Exam). Formal acceptance notices will be sent out in mid-December.
9th Grade Admissions Process
1. The application for the 2018-2019 school year will be available online August 15, 2017.
2. Submit Merion Mercy's Request for Release of Records Form to your elementary school for a copy of your permanent record form and all standardized test scores. These records are due to Merion Mercy by November 10, 2017. First trimester/quarter report cards for eighth grade are due as soon as they are available.
3. Submit two teacher recommendations using the Teacher Recommendation Form. We prefer that a math and language arts teacher complete the recommendations. At least one recommendation must be completed by an eighth grade teacher. Recommendations are due November 10, 2017.
4. Applicants are encouraged to visit Merion Mercy for the day, between October through mid- December, 2017. Online registration for visit days will be available August 15, 2017.
5. Take the Entrance and Scholarship Exam on Saturday, October 28, 2017 (makeup date Saturday, November 4, 2017).
Please note: The Financial Aid Application is a separate form. Click here for more information.
All Are Welcome at Merion Mercy
Merion Mercy Academy welcomes and accepts students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.